Customer Response Monitoring Programs
Measure your customer's inquiry experience to ensure the process is as intended.
One of the biggest online and review complaints is about the customer inquiry process. Find out how your company measures up with a Customer Response Monitoring Program.
As customers, we have all experienced a point in our customer journey where we needed to reach out to a company via email, an online chatbot or window, social messaging, telephone, a forum designed for customers, or even texting to gain some information.
Depending on the size of your company, you may have one person or a department of people working on customer service inquiries. The ideal process may have been laid out and trained against, or you do your best with what you've got. But what is the Customer Experience? Is it as you intended? Are they satisfied (or dissatisfied) with the experience, or do your team and their awesomeness blow them away? You will never know unless you measure it!
Where is customer response monitoring effective?
Anywhere a customer can inquire about your brand is an effective place to monitor and measure.
- Automated Chat Bots
- Manual Chat Boxes
- Email Inquiries
- Text Inquiries
- Phone Inquiries
- Brand Created Customer Forums or Groups
- Social Media Messaging Platforms
- Paper Mail / Reply Envelopes
Top customer complaints come from customer inquiry responses.
A positive Customer Experience is key to the success of any business but according to providesupport.com, the top customer complaints all center around customer service inquiry interactions. These issues range from waiting times to transferring to another representative and from representatives being rude to not following up as promised. To avoid these issues, we recommend setting up a Customer Response Monitoring Program if one of these change points applies to your business:
- Newly revised training programs
- Expansions or restructuring of the customer service department
- Surge of complaints
- New AI Customer Service Programs
- Identified as an area that needs improvement
- Bench-marking before updates or improvements
WHY IS AUDITING THE CUSTOMER INQUIRY PROCESS IMPORTANT?
If one of the biggest sources of customer complaints is customer service inquiries, why would you not want to ensure that it is operating at peak performance?
Identifying pain points, inaccessibility issues, CSR transfers and replies or follow-ups, etc., will allow you and your team to create improvement action plans. Measuring a benchmark based on thoughtful objective and subjective survey questions and then comparing it to your success after improvements can show you, your team (and your customers) and your ROI the difference investing in improving your Customer Responses can make.
How does customer response monitoring with shoppers confidential work?
The process is easy and can be started quickly. Here is a high-level breakdown of what the whole process looks like:
- We work with you and your team to determine what customer response area(s) you want to be evaluated
- We create a custom survey based on your current process and what areas you want to gain insight on
- If you are not sure where to start, not a problem! Our team has base surveys to build on and edit to suit your brand's methods and practices.
- We ask you for your typical customer demographic and invite our registered shoppers that fit that demographic to apply for the opportunity to complete the audit.
- Our qualified shoppers complete the audit as instructed and report their findings in the survey.
- Our Editing and Quality Control Team review the survey before exporting an instance report to the selected people on your team.
- Action Plans are generated and distributed to the responsible team members if selected.
- All instances are aggregated in your custom portal to review, compare, analyze and react.
- The cadence you choose to perform these audits is up to you. The cycle repeats, pauses, or the survey is re-written and re-evaluated after adjustments in training or personnel have been completed.